Wednesday, November 24, 2004

This is my first blog entry from home. Apparantly, I'm not quite able to blog from my home computer coz my dad says blogger brings in virus. Hm, that I have no idea about. But anyway, it has been about a day since I came back and I absolutely cant stand the weather. Its humid, hot and gross. I havent had the sticky sticky feeling on my hands in erm 9 months? Its back to that so definately I prefer the weather in Australia. In fact after being home for about a total of 24hours, I have come to the conclusion that if I could have all my friends and family with me in Australia, I would stay in Australia. I quite like the quieter life in Aussie as compared to the hustle and bustle. Its nice to have city life and what nots but the trains (which are far more regular) are always so packed. I never had to stand for more than 5 mins in Australia but over here its a miracle if you get a seat and of course you dont sit down becuase there will be some kid or old person or pregnant person who needs that seat. Singapore is just simply too congested with people, cars and everything. But this is my home and I am just glad to be home.

MONDAY-22/11/04
Anyway, I nearly couldnt fly home because I think that the service at the Brisbane International airport sucks to the core. There was so much hassle just getting onto the flight. Andrew, Colin and me didnt manage to get a cab to the airport and so we had to take a train. From frigging Ipswich to the other side of Brisbane. So anyway, Marie gave us a lift to the train station and me being the girl had about 6 bags to lug home. The poor boys had to help throughout with my bags, on top of theirs. It was truly a very very tiring experience to travel to the airport by train, transferring from Roma Street to the platform to the airport was another experience. From the airport stop to the departure hall is another experience. It was just pure manual labour on the 3 of us. And when we finally got to the airport at 12pm, our flight was at 2pm. So we joined the long long queue of people who was also waiting to check in at 12pm. By the time it was 1pm, we were still in queue while almost all the counters save for 1 were closed for lunch! I mean, shouldnt at least 2 be open? Out of the 5? Bad bad service, bad bad experience. All of us had exceeded the weight limit cause Andrew and Colin only had 20kg while I had 30. Even with 30 I also exceeded. So Andrew and Colin had to pay excess baggage fees and there was 1 bag that Colin had to send home. I was supposed to send one home as well or else I will have excess baggage but I think I was really pissed at that point that I just said give me the bag. So on our way to try to send out bags home via company flight, I was like hey they didnt even put tags onto our hand carry bags so they wouldnt know which was allowed, which wasnt right? And thank goodness we met their friend- Elgine(sp?) who was really really nice considering the first time I met him, he has to help me carry bags on board the plane. So thank you very very much. Basically I wouldnt be able to fly home without the help of Andrew, Colin and Elgine because without them to help me carry my erm many bags, I really would be at a loss as to what to do. We were all seated seperately throughout the plane ride and therefore there was much erm time (a grand total of 7 and a half hours) for me to think. Cried many times alone there just thinking about stuff but when the plane approached Singapore, it was just so relieveing to see the Singapore nightlights. It made me realise how much I miss home, miss the lights of the HDB flats, the hustle and bustle of cars, family and friends. When we came out of the airplane, it felt so good to be on Singapore grounds. Then we went to the duty free and they guys bought like hard liquor and stuff. I bought red wine for my uncle(which Colin helped me choose). At the end of it all, we finally managed to walk out of the airport at 9pm after customs and shopping and luggage collecting. I was so glad to see my parents, just hugging and crying away. Yeah, I think I'm pretty emotional. Had dinner with family, proper chinese food! Went home and the first person who called was Daphne! Haha, its like she knew exactly when I reached home. Then Nic called and we all made arrangements for yesterday.

TUESDAY-23/11/04
I was supposed to meet Nic and Daphne and Xiangying for lunch (or so I thought). Turns out that there was a bigger group than expected. In the end, the whole gang consisted of Daphne, Nic, Mikeller, Nick, Xiangying, Junior, myself and Ruikun who joined us much later. But that boy came all the way down from Clementi(took cab down) just to have lunch with us. I was so touched. When I saw Mikeller I was like OMG! When I saw Nick, I was like OMG! I just keep saying that cause I was just so happy to see everyone. But I felt abit bad for Nic because she didnt know anyone really cept for me and there was this big group of 8 who was just there. But I really hope that she did enjoy herself. We had Swensens for lunch cause I missed the baked rice there (thanks everyone) and then we went shopping. Sheesh, I really miss shopping with Mimi they all. Just the big group of us shopping not caring what's happening is good. Mimi even missed her meeting because of me (touched). Anyway I had a realyl great time with everyone but it was sad that Yihui and Xiaoxuan couldnt come down because the 'date' was changed to lunch. Never mind, I'll meet them another time
-Dinner-
I met up with relative at Paramount Shopping Centre. My uncle gave us a treat. It was great. Chinese food and I mean proper chinese food. It was an expensive dinner but I really thank him for it. It was one of those family things but I really had fun too because I havent seen them in erm 9 months too.

Overall, this past 24hours has been non stop for me. And I'm jet-lagged. I keep getting up at 8am Singapore time. Argh, this is bad. Going to Ruikun's party later.. (happy) OH no, I'm hungry, havent had lunch yet and meeting Daphne and Xiangying at 3pm. But I start work back at my old job at CPF on the 4th. I guess by then I would have met up with most of my friends. I would post pictures BUT this lousy computer at home is kinda crappy. Maybe another time (like 3 months later).




Jessica WhIsPeReD OuT @ 2:46 pm


-ThE EnD-


.:: Mage ::.



Jessica . 20 . 20th of November . Scorpio . Uni of Queensland . In love?

Wanna do :: Have a Great Summer Holiday

Reading: Always the Bridesmaid

Watching: The OC, Queer Eye for the Straight Guy, Sex and the City , Law and Order SVU, Amazing Race

Obssession: Losing weight

Wishlist: An IPOD. A trip to London. A new better laptop. NECe616V

In my discman: some CD I burned from James.

Only: days till I start work!

Feeling:The current mood of jesnufflesss at www.imood.com

mAiL me!



Design uniquely by
CaLiNe ( and credits to all those whose html i have used)


taggies





.::Mood of the Day::.


.::Current MSN Nick::.
Let's get down and get drunk tonight